Saturday, December 8, 2018

Birthday, Holiday, Birthday

Zach - Of Note
  • Zach came down with a stomach bug and threw up all night. :( Poor Frank and I eventually got it too. :(
  • Zach and Amelia had a great time together. She brought him a book and Bumble!
  • Zach scooted to daycare two mornings! That was fun!
  • Zach spent two days with "the big kids." He asked if he could play with them on the playground. Then, he had lunch and napped with them. Angie said, “he’s so smart, and flexible.” Awww. 
  • I was coughing tonight, still getting over my cold, reading to Zach, and twice he got up and offered me his water. So thoughtful and empathetic!
  • Sara Lee has a wish world door! (from Wishenpoof)  
  • Zach was distraught that Frank was not home on Saturday night after Thanksgiving and melted down multiple times. He had a hard time going to sleep; he woke up at 1:30am and 4:30am. Poor Zach and Mommy. 
  • Singing cards, a birthday one (Jim, Terri, Marney) and Christmas (Charlotte)
    One of many great
    cards this month!
  • Oh, the threenager is alive and well. Zach melted down crying b/c he wanted to put his socks on himself, but could not. I could not help; that ellicted wails too; it was a no-win situation!
  • Another excursion on the Metro
  • Zach enjoyed doing some "flips" on the bar at the playground. He is very strong. 
  • Doctor's appointment. The doctor described him as "chatty," and his vitals put him in the top 20% for height (39.25 inches tall) and weight (37 pounds). 
Bye Bye Pacis
  • Zach gave his pacis to the babies at Childtime on Friday after his birthday. On Friday night, he cried for 45 minutes before bed. On Saturday, he had a hard time napping without it. Twice, we went looking for his pacis, even though we had gone around the house and carefully collected them all to give to the babies. After getting through one night and one nap without it at home, he didn't cry for it. But, his sleep has been impacted. At night, he doesn't fall asleep easily (going to bed at 9pm or later), and when he would have woken up and found it for it to comfort him, he's been a uneasy. He slept with me two nights, and when I asked why, he said, "b/c I like you." It's been a challenging week, but things seem to be improving.
    Look closely, he
    has his paci, just
    days before giving
    them up!
  • When helping Zach go to sleep lately, I like to lay my head on sheep at the foot of his bed. I close my eyes and sing to him. Last night, I opened them, and Zach’s face was right in front of my face. It surprised me and made me laugh. He and I laughed a lot about it. Not good for winding him down to sleep, though. 
Zach's 3rd Birthday
  • Poor Frank woke up with Zach's stomach bug on Zach's birthday. He stayed in Charlottesville, and Zach and I headed home. It was a dreadful, rainy day, so it was okay to have 2.5 hours in the car! We stopped for Mexican and then got in the car and went straight to Auntie Em's house for the 3rd birthday party! There were balloons and noise makers and a fire engine cake. 
  • He loved Charlotte's flat bed truck toy! He played with that a lot on his own, which was lovely. Zach and I stayed at Auntie Em's since it was still raining and nasty and had a good time playing with cars and the flatbed truck. On Sunday, he got his bike, and we took it out for a spin around the neighborhood.
  • Emily and Andrew came over for Tacos and More and to celebrate Zach's birthday. They got him a book and legos, and he LOVED them.
Zach's Words
  • 1,2,3, 4, by Alan Doyle, which Zach calls “Whiskey, Whiskey.” We’ve been dancing to that since Friday last week. He now gets the “I say, ‘1,2,’ you say ‘3,4,’ ‘1,2,3,4.’” 
  • Zach made a pin wheel at daycare and called it a rolling pin. Tee hee. 
  • Zach was so sweet this morning giving kisses and saying, “I love you so much.” He told me I was his best friend.
  • Zach said this AM that my car was boring, or something like that. “You don’t have any cds!” and he made his exasperated sigh! 
  • Zach said, “I’m good with that,” when we talked about getting an Xmas tree this weekend.
Susan & Frank
  • Frank's birthday! We had a great continuing birthday week. 
  • Frank and I went out to see Alan Doyle and the Lovely Gypsies at the Barns. A Great show. I had a cold, and I thought I wouldn't be able to give Alan the energy he wanted, but I did!
Good Food
  • Made Frank's super-yummy birthday carrot cake
  • Roasted maple carrot salad with goat cheese, spinach artichoke casserole, and chocolate pecan pies
  • Rachel & Erik gave us a 6-pack of Christmas Ale from Great Lakes Brewing
  • Cinnamon scones and cranberries 
Visits with
  • Met Mom and Dad in Purcellville. Zach scooted, and he did his move, but with his leg out to the front; amazing balance. I rollerbladed and a great time on the W&OD. We got bbq and beers at Monk's and headed home. 
  • While I was sick with the stomach bug, Zach spent the night at Gamma and Bob's. They all had a blast. 
  • Drinks and a bonfire night with Kathryn and Suji!
  • Kathleen! We've been able to catch up twice by phone!
  • A nice lunch out with Kathryn, Raubia, and Jenifer
  • Cooking and catching up with Auntie Em before Thanksgiving
  • Brunch and a play date with Aliana, Nathan, Evera, and Esher
Thanksgiving
Zach running the
tot trot

On Thanksgiving Day, we met Katie and Suji at the Turkey Day 5K race, and they watched Zach while we ran. Later that morning, I gave Zach a haircut, and he took a bath. We Google Duoed with the Forts. After Zach's nap, we headed to Charlottesville. Thankgiving with the Dammann's worked out well. Zach was old enough this year to run around the house and be alright with enough adults and older kids/teenagers. We enjoyed family time. Sara Lee was a great host. She took Zach out on the gator twice.
Zach napped with Nolan on Friday, so we had time with Tim & Meaghan. On Friday night, Zach and I went to Whole Foods to get the makings for lasagna, and when I told him we were going to Whole Foods, he said, “They have one of those here? I never noticed that!”

Fun Stuff (Personal & Professional)
  • Some great opportunities with ReFrame, The Management Center, and Volkswagen; LinkedIn courses
  • Reconnecting with Eileen, Pam; talked to Dorsey, and she loves Tim Gilligan too!
  • Good Onboarding webinar. We are rocking it!
  • Really enjoyed The Sinner on Netflix
  • It snowed on Morgan's last day at SCORE (11/16). So early! I mailed her a nice card, and we had a nice text exchange 
  • Good lunch with Betsy at Lake Anne Coffee House; I had the BLBeet sandwich. Yum!
  • Travels to Kansas City for the Missouri District meeting. I tried Rye, and it was fun to check out a Local Foods place
    Nelson-Atkins
    Museum of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment