Monday, October 24, 2011

A Wedding, Celebrating Cheese, and More!

Jeff and Emily at their wedding on October 22, 2011

Back from our trip to Colorado, it's been back to normal in Chicago. We quickly visited one of our favorite Ethiopian restaurants - Abyssinian; I started my fabulous new job on Tuesday, September 27; and we took the skyscraper canyon kayak trip on the Chicago River one lovely Sunday evening.

After reading the Cheese Chronicles on the road trip, I've added extensive cheese tasting to my "to do" list in celebration of October 2011 as the first annual American Cheese Month. So far, I've tried Vermont's Cabot Clothbound Cheddar and an ash goat cheese - Bonne Bouche. We also tried, a fantastic sheep's milk washed rind cheese from Missouri - the bossa from Green Dirt Farm. This weekend at my sister's wedding, we kept the cheese celebration going by serving two Wisconsin cheeses: Bella Vitana Sartori (cheddar/parmesan) and Big Ed's from Saxon Creamery (a gouda). In addition, I added a classic: the Grayson from Virginia's Meadow Creek Dairy (another washed rind cheese).

No comments:

Post a Comment