
On Tuesday, Frank and I left Denver and took the scenic drive through Central City and Nederland, CO, to Estes Park, CO, where his grandmother lives. As you can see from the first photo above, we encountered a lot of fog! The photo, by the way, is of the Blue Owl Bookstore and Coffeehouse that serves the best hot chocolate!Since Tuesday, we've been enjoying family time and hiking. I've gotten local lettuce at the Safeway in town and a local sheep's milk cheese, Starburst, from the Wine and Cheese shop in Estes Park. (I found out about it's local offerings from an article in Sunset magazine.) I made it to the Estes Park Farmers' Market on Thursday morning and picked up asparagus, sugar snap peas, a cajun smoked salmon dip, jalapeno and cheese empanadas, and goat cheese from Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy. These will be tasty snack for the road as we leave Estes Park for Grand Teton on Saturday.
Our hikes: Cub Lake and Deer Mountain. There's still a lot of snow at the higher elevations in Rocky Mountain!
I'm jealous of your food adventures! Yummmm, goat cheese.
ReplyDeleteWe found this hot chocolate shop in San Francisco that was amazing. I had the spicy hot chocolate and it was super spicy but delicious.
You make me so hungry! Now I'm jonesin' for some cajun salmon dip and jalapeno empanadas.
ReplyDelete